NNN is a Virtual Village
What is That?
Northwest Neighbors Network (NNN) is not a specific place, it is a plan for aging well wherever you live -- your apartment, condo, house or a room in shared living. Virtual villages, frequently referred to as aging-in-place villages, have been springing up across the country. Each village is powered by the dues and energies of its members.
Most people prefer to remain in their own homes as they age. However, bit by bit, staying put gets more complex.
- are grass-roots, membership-driven organizations
- are defined by member interests and needs
- are run by volunteers and limited paid staff
- are one place to find the help you need
- coordinate access to affordable services such as transportation, home repair, health and wellness programs
- provide the opportunity to create social and educational activities
“1. house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family or household
2. the place in which one’s domestic affections are centered”
NNN is a personal, central resource that connects you with other Village members, neighborhood volunteers, Village staff, local agencies, and member-recommended professionals who provide services that help you continue to live at home as you age.