While NNN is limiting public interactions at this time, here are ideas for staying connected:
Reach out to others with video calls or What's App on your cell phone, or free online meeting tools like Zoom or Google Hangouts. Want to learn more about some options? Contact NNN Board member, Suzy Chandler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dialing 211 helps direct callers to services for, among others, the elderly, the disabled, those who do not speak English, those with a personal crisis, those with limited reading skills, and those who are new to their communities.
Senior Centers and Food Bank Status:
Looking for meals for you or a friend/neighbor from your local Senior Center or food bank? Senior Centers are closed and their affiliated food programs have trimmed back hours or the services being provided. Here's the info we've gathered as of March 27th.
Senior Center closed. In response to the need for a daily meal for some of our food insecure senior members, beginning on Monday, March 9th, a sack lunch will be provided by Homage Senior Services. The lunches will be made available Monday through Friday from 11:00am to 12:00pm and distributed for PICK UP ONLY (we ask that you take your lunch with you) Pick up at the Holy Trinity Church in Edmonds (657 Daley St.).
If you are a senior citizen and need food from the Edmonds Food Bank, the Edmonds Senior Center has started a food bank delivery program. “If seniors need help with getting food from the food bank, they can just call me directly and I will get things set up for them,” said Michelle Reitan of the senior center. (425-954-2523 or email email@example.com.)
Lynnwood Food Bank 5320 176th St SW
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE 3/21/2020 - NEW SCHEDULE
-Mondays - closed
-Wednesdays 11am - 5pm
-Fridays 10am - 1pm
- Following our commitment to continue to serve the community while taking the necessary precautions to protect our customers and volunteers, we will be altering the method we use for distributing food.
- Please do not arrive at the Food Bank before 11am on Wednesdays or 10am on Fridays. We would also appreciate if your trunk was clear for groceries prior to your arrival. Volunteers will put your groceries in your trunk but they will not put them inside your back seats.
- When you arrive at the Food Bank, please park where the volunteers direct you. We will be using 'ferry lane' style parking.
- Please remain in your vehicle, a volunteer will approach your car with a number on a post-it note and stick it to your car.
- A volunteer will approach your vehicle when it is your turn, please place your ID up to the window and the volunteer will communicate your information and requests to a volunteer inside the Food Bank with a Walkie Talkie.
- Remain in your vehicle until your groceries are delivered to your car.
Senior Center closed.
MLT Concern for Neighbors Food bank (as of 3/26):
- We will distribute Tuesday, 9:30-11:30
- All cars must enter the parking lot from 228th St entry.
- Entry to grassy area off 48th and entry to parking lot on 229th will be blocked off.
- You don’t have to show up exactly at 9:30. If we can spread out the distribution, it will go smoother. Everybody will be receiving the same grocery items
- Wait in your car until a volunteer comes to your car.
- Drive up distribution! Ferry lane style through the parking lot. Clients will stay in their cars and receive pre-packed non-perishables and limited perishables depending on family size.
- Bring your ID! We will be checking IDs for registration purposes. Show your ID through a closed window. If you're new, just tell us, you'll still get groceries.
- Open your trunk! Volunteers will load the bags into your trunk and off you go.
Shoreline/Lake Forest Park:
- Senior Center closed.
- Meals on Wheels: Call 206-365-1536 to place orders on Tuesdays 9:00am-12:00pm; Meals delivered Thursdays (frozen meals delivered once weekly.)
Apply online, or contact NNN to get an application you can mail in. https://www.tfaforms.com/4734393
- Mental Health Consultant: Call for appointments at 206-365-1536
- Neighbor Wellness Check Program: Members receive phone calls from volunteers to inquire about needs during quarantine, including grocery runs, prescription pick ups, and further support as situations change.
- “To-Go” Hot Meal via Community Dining: Available for pick up or delivered Monday through Friday. Call 206-365-1536 from 9:00am-9:30am to request meal delivery or pick up. Meal pick up is at the Senior Center front door from 11:00am-12:00pm. Meal delivery is between 11:00am and 12:00pm. Normal suggested donation of $4.00 still applies.